Looking for a New Job? bywho.in is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park & they are Hiring Candidates for Banquet Captain
Company Name : Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
Company Location : Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Job Position : Banquet Captain
Job Category : Jobs in Michigan
Job Description :
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting with the supervision of set-ups, meal service, stocking and dismantling catering and or beverage services for Meijer Gardens’ Hospitality. Required to work independently as well as with effective direction and support for other staff members, volunteers and vendors.
As Meijer Gardens grows their hospitality business, the functions of this position will be to assist in all areas of the Culinary Arts & Events Department. As business grows, job functions will become more defined.
Provide guest centric service for food and beverage related events
· Assist with leading service assignments and executing instructions provided by supervisor
· Lead by example when following pull sheet instructions and performing set-up responsibilities
· Assist with leading the assembly and placement of all materials needed for event order forms
· Ensure accuracy of the set-up of event rooms and table diagrams for events
· Lead guest food service according to floor service layouts and the organization’s guiding principles
· Assist Chef in food execution by coordinating service staff for plated meals and buffet set ups
· Lead and assist with dining room clearing and checking on guests’ experience, and proper opening and closing of events
Assist with delegation of staff responsibilities and monitoring performance
· Assist with training and performance standards
· Assist with verifying staff is onsite as scheduled and assign areas of responsibilities
· Assist with monitoring performance and ensure consistent service
· Contribute to a positive team approach and professional customer service; lead by example
Assist with the service and coordination of beverage services
· Assist with service, coordination and documentation of beverage inventory use per event
· Assist with supervising and assembling beverage products according to pull sheets prior to events
· Supervise and assist with operating cash registers and recording sales
· Ensure the rotation of inventory and the stocking of supplies
Assist in coordinating and documenting accounting information in connection with beverage service
· Secure cash for registers and count tills prior to starting service
· Balance registers and assist with close out procedures
Monitor and maintain cleanliness and general organization of food and beverage facilities and equipment
· Assist with cleaning of work areas, equipment and service locations and spearhead the work of others
· Assist with washing china, glassware, flatware and other equipment related to assigned events
· Ensure all food and beverage items used for events are cleaned, sanitized and returned to proper storage areas
· Ensure staff do not leave prior to finishing assigned side work
· Ensure proper stock levels are maintained and communicate repairs or shortages to supervisor
Assist with ensuring all applicable regulations, ordinances, codes, and laws are followed i.e., MDHHS, MLCC and any other governing municipals.
· Maintain quality communications and organizational skills; meet deadlines
· Contribute to a positive team approach and professional customer service; lead by example.
· Embrace and adhere to Meijer Gardens’ mission, brand statement, operating model, policies, procedures, and guiding principles with a strong emphasis on professional behavior and the treatment of others with dignity and respect
· Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that you will work with a broad and diverse group of employees, volunteers, members, and guests
· A flexible and collaborative culture is important. Other duties may be assigned within the department as well as across the organization
Education and/or qualifications preferred:
· Strong computer and communication skills required including experience with Microsoft Office, Word and Outlook. Experience with POS, CAD and event software is a plus, but not required.
· Two years hands on service catering and bartending. Twoyears supervisory experience in banquets preferred.
· SERV safe certifiedpreferred, but not required
Working Conditions: Fast paced environment in a cultural organization requiring high levels of social contact and physical work. Very customer service-oriented work, requiring multi-tasking in a hands-on manner (i.e. floor service and communications). Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50lbs unassisted) bending, walking and standing for long periods of time. Occasionally required to work under inclement weather conditions
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our onboarding process, all new hires are required to complete our background check and drug screen process, which tests for amphetamines, cocaine, opiates, and phencyclidine.
Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park promotes the enjoyment, understanding, and appreciation of gardens, sculpture, the natural environment, and the arts.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
Paid time off
Weekly day range:
customer service: 2 years (Required)
catering/banquet: 2 years (Required)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as bywho.in