Looking for a New Job? bywho.in is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in Berrien County Health Department & they are Hiring Candidates for Health Educator
Company Name : Berrien County Health Department
Company Location : Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Job Position : Health Educator
Job Category : Jobs in Michigan
Job Description :
Job Title: Health Educator
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Annual Salary: $42,503 – $55,391
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision, is responsible for the implementation and delivery of health education programs and curriculum. Assists with program and community needs assessments and evaluates program outcomes using data gathered from program participants. Participates in community collaborative efforts to improve community health outcomes by assisting individuals and communities to address root causes and make the healthy choice the easy choice.
1. Facilitates and delivers health education curriculum in a variety of settings to teach audiences about issue-specific health topics.
2. Leads health education curriculum-specific assessments, collects data from audiences including questionnaires and surveys, and evaluates information using required data management systems.
3. Seeks and maintains appropriate certifications, trainings, and required education to deliver health education curriculum with fidelity and according to department work plans.
4. Actively participates in community coalitions to support health education programs; may provide staffing support to topic-specific community workgroup or coalition.
5. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with diverse individuals, organizations, and other professionals, including with schools, health and human service organizations, and community non-profits, to better coordinate and improve health programs and services.
6. Assists in the maintenance of health education and education resources for use by other groups and employees of the Health Department.
7. May coordinate special health projects, programs, and/or presentations for specific audiences or topics.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in health education/promotion, community or public health, or a related educational field from a college or university of recognized standing.
Education: Associate’s Degree in health education/promotion, community or public health, or a related educational field from a college of recognized standing.
Experience: Two years of community outreach and/or education experience related to health promotion and education.
Possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license and a vehicle is required.
In times of a public health emergency, may be required to report for specialized assigned duties inside or outside of Berrien County.
Necessary certifications and/or completion of required trainings required for specific health education programs assigned.
About the Perks: The Berrien County Health Department offers a rewarding work environment, values creative thinking, and emphasizes employee professional development. The generous benefits package includes paid holidays/time off, health insurance, and retirement options. Visit the Health Department website to learn more about all the Berrien CountyHealth Department does for our community. Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a drug test and pre-employment medical exam.
Berrien County Employee Benefits A career with the Berrien County Health Department provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a County Employee you and your family can have access to the following:
Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
Dental and Vision Reimbursement or BCBS Insurance enrollment
Employee Mental Health Assistance Program (EAP)
Berrien County Pension/ Employee Retirement Plan
12 Paid Holidays per year
Paid Time off
Paid Sick Time
Public Service Loan forgiveness
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,503.00 – $55,391.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as bywho.in