Looking for a New Job? bywho.in is one stop place for searching new job openings.
We got a new job details in The Hand Up Project & they are Hiring Candidates for Shelter Staff
Company Name : The Hand Up Project
Company Location : Everett, WA 98204
Job Position : Shelter Staff
Job Category : Jobs in Washington
Job Description :
The Respite Program provides 24-hour, 7-day-a-week security, meals, case management, and wraparound services.
The Respite Program serves between 25 to 40 chronically homeless clients at a given time. To date, Respite is a leader in the industry in evidenced-based care and life-altering, sustainable results in client lives.
Every person – no matter their circumstances – is inherently valuable. Our mission is to affirm that innate and immovable value by providing a hand up to a better life for those struggling with homelessness, addiction, and the frequent and all-encompassing challenges that follow.
Our support staff are responsible for maintaining security, ensuring client guidelines are followed, assisting in serving meals, and handling all clients with care.
· Provide support to program that keeps clients and staff safe
· Preparing and serving meals in a clean and timely manner
· Consistent enforcement of program policies, procedures, and rules for staff and clients
· Maintain cleaning and sanitation of office and kitchen areas
· Effective communication with staff and management to ensure client issues and/or needs are handled consistent with our values
· Recording daily/nightly room checks and performing wellness checks to clients as needed
· Provide crisis intervention as needed, including determining when it is necessary to involve other staff, admin, or authorities
· Patrolling program grounds and access points, permitting access to only approved visitors
· Keeping detailed records of any incidents in accordance with policies
· Answering and directing calls for clients as needed
· Provides appropriate information and referrals to those who need resources
Full time and part time
8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am
Weekdays and weekends
On-call: as needed
· Must be 18 years or older
· High school diploma/GED preferred
· Professional or personal experience in social and homeless services preferred
· Ability to communicate with clients of all populations and behaviors with care
· Ability to sit, stand, walk, and lift maximum of 50 lbs.
· Must complete food handler’s training within 3 months of employment
· Valid Washington Driver’s license (preferred) or photo state ID
· Must have reliable transportation
· Ability to pass criminal background check
The Hand Up Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
Paid time off
4 hour shift
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Everett, WA 98204: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as bywho.in